Feb 24, 2011

Peace Images Jewelry: Beautiful Designs. Peaceful Touch. (via @PeaceImages)


With designs aimed to uplift and reinforce natural beauty and cultural differences, Camille Peace and her PeaceImages line of handmade accessories is one to watch. I had the pleasure of interviewing the talented designer on how she got her start, what to expect from her Spring '11 line, as well as if the bride-to-be will be rocking any of her pieces on her big day.


Q. I've read that you got your start making jewelry after wandering the aisles of a local Wal-Mart in St. Louis. How did you go from someone looking to fix a few pieces of their own jewelry to being the creative force behind all of your wonderful designs?

A. It's been a divine process of shedding bad habits and embracing blessings. Fixing and modifying old pieces of my own, transitioned into creating pieces for others. When I trust the process and my ability to manifest what I visualize, I feel limitless in what I can create.




Q. Your art allows you to channel your various emotions. Which emotion has created your favorite piece?

A. Love.


Q. You seem to have found a unique way of mixing various materials together to create vibrant jewelry. What's your process for picking materials? Do you ever find yourself going "too far" with your designs and needing to be pulled back?

A. My process for picking materials is to stay open. A new piece of jewelry can be found in the oddest of places. Yes, I definitely take it too far sometimes, but i think it's healthy. It lets me know what I'm capable of :) better to take it too far than to never even explore that part of your ability!!


Q. A percentage of all your sales are donated to The Thai Freedom House. How did that become your charity of choice?

A. I know the director personally and have interacted with her on several occasions. The work she does is as grassroots as it comes. You don't come across people like Lisa often. She's endured the best of times and the worst of times during her stay in Thailand, and all in the name of giving children a choice at a better life when they otherwise might not have had one. It's incredibly inspiring.


Q. What can people expect from your Spring '11 line?

A. Something for everyone. I attempted to try some new things while still holding onto the things that make PeaceImages, PeaceImages - - kemetic symbols, natural elements and size!! I challenged myself and I am soooooo happy with the results!!!


Q. What are your price points?

A. I have items starting as low as $10 all the way up to $150. I try not to leave anyone out.


Q. If you weren't designing jewelry what would you be doing?

A. I'd be in social work. My calling is definitely one of service. I've always known this. Before I started doing jewelry full time I worked in a shelter for abused women. It was life-changing work.


Q. Congrats on your engagement! Do you plan on wearing your designs on your wedding day?

A. Thank you! Yes!!!! I'll probably make myself some sort of head-dress and elaborate beaded hand-chain. The wedding will be small, and probably outside. We're both laid back nature-loving music-heads who have never given much thought to how our wedding day would play out.



For more information on Camille and PeaceImages:

Boutique: http://www.peaceimagesjewelry.com
Blog: http://peacemoves.blogspot.com
If you're in the St. Louis area: Yeyo Arts on Locus Ave.
Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design